Moodle May 2018 courses are now available, and I want to share with you some helpful information regarding Moodle.
- Course visibility - All courses are initially set up as hidden to students, so you can create your course privately. When you are ready for your students to access the course, make your course visible to students under Course Administration/Edit Settings/General/Visible. To avoid student confusion, please create a calendar reminder for yourself to make it visible at the proper time.
- Drop/add adjustment period - Changes in enrollment are completed automatically during the adjustment period. There may be a couple of business hours time lag between the time the Registrar processes the drop/add request and the change is seen in Moodle.
- IT KnowledgeBase - Moodle step-by-step instructions are available on the IT KnowledgeBase (http://kb.depauw.edu/?page_id=2251).
- Library Course Reserves - Visit the Putting Items on Reserve (http://www.depauw.edu/libraries/services/reserves/reserves/) library page for instructions on placing electronic items on reserve for access through Moodle. Please contact Access Services at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Course Request Form - To request a non-academic course on the Moodle server, complete the Course Request Form (http://tinyurl.com/courserequestdpu).
- Using long filename or special characters in filename - When anyone upload a file to a course with a long filename or special characters in filename, you may upload a file without problem. But, after that, when you try to access the file, you may get an error and may not access the file. Please do not use very long filename or special characters in filename. You may still use any characters in label, title, or any content area though.