Welcome to Moodle 4
As you rediscover Moodle, please refer to our New in Moodle 4 one-pager document.
The most recent versions of Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome Web browsers are recommended for full functionality (Macintosh and Windows).
Prior to the first day of an academic term, you will find that term's courses at the My courses, listed as Future Courses.
- Please remember to make your course visible to students from the front-page of your Moodle site, Settings / General / Course visibility.
- Please note that Moodle enrollment only applies to the currently active term. If you need a class roster updated for a future term, please contact email@example.com.
- If you don't see your classes yet, it is most likely that your professors have not yet made the Moodle sites for your courses available to students yet. Contact your professor to confirm that they have taken steps to make the site available.
- If you have forgotten your Moodle password, go here to reset it and you will receive information via your DePauw Google Mail. If you cannot access that mail account, go to the HelpDesk with your DePauw ID to reset your passwords.
- Students who add a course and need access to materials in Moodle should : 1) Wait at least an hour after enrolling in the class with the Registrar. 2) Check with the Registrar to verify the added course appears in its system. 3) If so, then contact firstname.lastname@example.org to investigate further and contact your professor by email for course materials. It is possible that your professor may not have made the course visible to students yet. Moodle also syncs Library course reserves hourly. Please contact Access Services at email@example.com with questions about library course reserves.